Sunday, March 1, 2015

On Line Dating in your 60's


Most people are amazed when they learn that Terry and I met through an on-line dating service.
Yes, it's true.
I was 61, lonely, and looking for some fun.  I didn't necessarily want to get married again, but wanted some male companionship.



I was on vacation with my brother in Palm Desert.  He had just met a woman on E_Harmony, and was pretty sure this would be his wife.  (They were married that year).  So, he sat me down and showed me the ropes.  I went through the lengthy process, answered all of the questions, and sat back and waited.  And waited.  After a few weeks, I got notification of some picks for me.  I saw there was a man from my home town, and I got a little excited, wondering who that could be.
When the picture came up, I was flabbergasted.  It was my brother!!!
I had always told him he needed a woman like me, but really.
I never made a connection on that site, but tried several others.  Most of the men who contacted me were frauds.  They prey on widows, but it's not hard to discern them.
I met a couple of nice men.  Actually had a few dates.
Then Terry contacted me, and the rest is history.
It was not smooth sailing.  I broke up with him three times, but eventually came to realize that I wanted and needed him in my life.
Thank you, Terry, for being patient with me and waiting.


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think those "breakups" are a part of the process of deciding if "this really is the one"

Cathy said...

I love your story, and totally support what you say. I was divorced in 2002 after being married for 27 years to ex-hub. I was 47 tried Internet dating. Bruce and I met within a month or so (and after each of us had had a couple fruitless dates). He is 7 years older than me. First we chatted online, and about a month later decided to meet. We hit it off wonderfully and fell in love quickly. We were married a year later. That was almost 12 years ago. I used to be sort of embarrassed to say we met online, but why not online? We don't do church or bars.