Saturday, September 13, 2014

Do The Puyallup

 Thursday was a chaotic day, and our plans for spending part of it at the Puyallup Fair went a bit haywire.


First of all Terry got a chance to go fishing, and what man would turn that down?
Secondly, but not less important, the electrician came out and wired my studio!!!  Bliss.  I can hardly wait to get my shelves and counter built.  I'm not going to put drywall in, I'm going to cover the walls with quilts and burlap.  Lots of work ahead for me there.

Then, traffic was horrible getting to the fair, but that is to be expected.  We barely had time to grab something to eat before getting to the concert, where we saw Grassroots, the Buckinghams and Herman's Hermits.


Peter Noone is quite the entertainer.  He is so funny!  And his voice is the same as it was "20 years ago" as he puts it.  Hmmmm, more like 40 plus.  He says his mum is Elton John and his
Dad is Mick Jagger.  He did a wonderful impersonation of Mick, but the best one was when he sang Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash.  Right on.  Then of course, he performed all of the songs Herman's Hermits did.  Everyone sang along.  I was amazed that I remembered the words to every song.  Tells you how we sang them all over and over and over again in our youth.
I woke up Friday morning singing "woke up this mornin' feeling fine, felt something special on my mind, , , , ,"

Last year, someone had the brilliant idea of changing the name of the Puyallup Fair to The Washington State Fair.  I don't know why.  Could it be that Puyallup is too hard to pronounce? 
Let me give you a lesson.  Using your phonics skills, sound this out:
pugh-al-up.
Easy.
I miss the commercials.  The fair runs for three weeks every September, and these ads have been with me my entire life.  You no longer hear them, and it is sad.
Go to this Youtube video to see the add.  You can tell how long it's been used.




                                                                            The Puyallup

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Dear Peter used some of his fortune to fix his teeth! (Smart guy!). Always loved them. I saw the Grass Roota back when I was in junior high school. About 20 years ago, as Peter would say!