Saturday, May 3, 2014

Burien Farmer's Market

 It was a beautiful, sunny day for the opening of the Burien Farmer's Market.  Burien is about a 10 minute drive from my house, and they also take crafts.  Not all markets accept crafts, so this is my first attempt at more local markets.  There are more and more opening up each year.  I just read that one is opening on the Microsoft Campus in Redmond!!
 Here is my booth.  I did not take hats, and very few headbands, since it was 85 degrees, and no one wants to try on, much less buy, a warm hat in that kind of weather.
Two men were admiring my yarns when one of them says "Ya know Kaffe Fassett?  He'd really like this stuff.  Wow, I could not have received a nicer compliment.
Bottom line, though, I did not make a single sale.  That is not surprising for a first time at a market.  People have to get to know you.  The networking I did was phenomenal, and I had a great time.
 This is Max, my booth neighbor.  He sells OMG! dipping oils and balsamic vinegars.  I have several of the products, which I bought at the Pike Place Market.  It was so fun to listen to his sales pitches all day and get all the ideas of how to use the different oils.  Last night, I brushed my oven fries with Cabernet Garlic Oil.  Oh, My.
 On my other side was a new garbage and recycling company that will soon be doing the waste removal in Burien.  His is a drum made of repurposed propane tanks.  The sound it emits is so beautiful!
And here is the cookbook I display in my kitchen.  It's not my favorite, but I do like identifying with these wild and crazy women.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You have such a nice attitude about things...glad you had fun in spite of now selling anything.