Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bloody Mary is the One I Love!

I love a good Bloody Mary.  I like to think I am being healthy drinking them, with all those vegetables.  MMMMmmm.
This particular drink was served to me at the Pine Tavern in Bend, Oregon three years ago.  It's like a salad in a glass, but, unfortunately, the drink itself was not that terrific.

When Terry picked me up at the airport after my recent trip to Colorado and Wyoming, he took me to dinner at a sweet Italian restaurant, Verrazano's.  Besides having incredible Italian food, I had the best Bloody Mary I had ever had before.  So, I decided to try creating my own mix.  After several attempts, I have developed what suits my taste buds.  I am going to share it with you, but be aware that I like things hot and spicy.

Linda's Warm and Spicy
Bloody Mary Mix

Start with 46 ounces of either tomatoe juice, vegetable juice or, as I prefer, Spicy V8.
Add:
The juice of 1 & 1/2 lemons
3 T brown sugar
3 T A-1 Steak Sauce
1T Tabasco
1 T Worchestershire Sauce
1 +/- T fresh grated horseradish
1 T celery salt.

Keep this in the refrigerator at least 24 hours before using.

No comments: